Laying of Steel Pipelines
Laying of steel pipelines is currently one of the easiest and most common ways of transportation of liquid, steam and gaseous mediums. It is a simple and efficient method used for optimization of work of an industrial enterprise or setting up transportation for longer distances.
Pipelines can have various lengths and can be broken down into three categories depending on their scope and functionality:
- Major pipelines are used for long-distance transportation of matter
- Industrial pipelines are used at enterprises where they deliver materials directly to the enterprise or remove waste.
- Utility pipelines are used to create systems of heating, water supply and sewage.
Pipeline Laying Technology
There are three main ways of laying of steel pipelines. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages, but the key factors influencing the choice are the peculiarities of the terrain and the pipeline’s purpose. Depending on this, one of the following options is chosen:
- “Closed” laying is a method in which pipes are installed on supports or sleeves in a trench. This method is the most common, since it allows the use of the area with the pipeline for other purposes.
- On-ground laying means laying of pipelines above the ground on beam, arch or suspended supports.
- A technology called pipe in pipe means installation inside pipes with the diameter of 200 mm or more, which protect the inner pipe.
Steel pipes are a universal option for most types of systems. They are versatile in their use regardless of the complexity and ensure that the entire pipeline network will serve reliably for a long time even in complex operational conditions.
Steel pipelines have a number of advantages compared to those made from other materials.
- durability to water hammers
- low widening coefficient during temperature swings
- good thermal conductivity
- resistance to external environmental influence
Installation cost varies depending on the length of the pipeline, type of conveyed matter, complexity of the terrain and type of connections. The initial price of steel pipelines depends on the diameter and type of pipes. Here are the approximate prices for for laying of galvanized steel pipes:
15 mm USD 2 20 mm USD 3.67 25 mm USD 3.82 32 mm USD 3.97 40 mm USD 4.3 57 mm USD 5.4 76 mm USD 5.73 89 mm USD 6.84 108 mm USD 7.64 133 mm USD 8.91 159 mm USD 11.30 219 mm USD 15.44
Prices for laying of steel pipelines from non-galvanized steel are somewhat lower.
OLAND PTM is a design and installation group which offers effective engineering and technical solutions for industrial enterprises. We have been working in industrial design, production and installation of pipelines, equipment and utility networks since 2006.
Our main production facilities are located at the company’s plant in Ufa. In the course of our operation, we have implemented dozens of successful projects across Russia, as well as the German company Diffienbacher.